Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
Drove to darlington last Tuesday, the West Virginia mountains had me nervous, still go down faster than I cared for.
Got to the track in time for a nice breezy little storm (60 mph winds, heavy rain) no leaks !
Found out I have to find a way to insulate the windshield because it allows so much heat the air can't keep up.
Drove home yesterday, heavy traffic, another storm and enjoyed my first experience driving in a 25 mph cross wind. Which I handled fine, just slowed down. No leaks !
All in all learned a lot in this week.

As far as the race, Toyota still has a huge advantage over the other makes and it shows.
Maybe that's why the stands were only half full.
We're heading to Talladega in Oct. Been there in previous rig, but plan a few more stops on the way in our new Challenger. My husband installed a Safe-T-Plus and a trac bar. Hoping that helps!

We've been suffering from the same windshield heat issue also. For a quick and cheap fix, go get some Reflectix at Home Depot or Lowes. We covered the windshield and the west facing side passenger window. It made a good 4-5 degree difference in our RV, taking it from unbearable to tolerable. More fixes are in our future plans, but for now I'm a much happier camper with the Reflectix!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum