Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
erikdjensen

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
Fuel Pump fuse keeps blowing

Have a 2017 ACE 30.1. Bought it new last year, 7500 miles on it now. Never an engine problem until this weekend. Driving down highway, through town and the engine suddenly stops. I am able to coast into an auto parts store. Engine turns over, but wont start. It is about 9 at night. I ask the auto parts store if I can spend the night in their parking lot and I will get a mechanic in the morning to take a look at it. They said this would be fine (shout out to O'Reilly auto parts in Newport Oregon), but they also suggested I call a mobile mechanic who does night work. He came and we checked this and that and it turns out it was a 20 amp blown fuse that goes to the fuel pump. No spare fuses, everything closed at that time of night, so I took a 20 amp from the towing system that I wasn't using anyway. Rig started right up and we were soon on our way. No problems getting to the site, but the same thing happened twice on the way home. Engine shut down, I would coast to the side of the road and replace the fuse - by this time I had gotten some spares. So, I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. Why did it suddenly start to happen and any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.