Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
VegasinDallas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
Very disappointed

We did a maiden voyage this weekend to test/prepare for a big trip at the end of the month. On the way home we got an engine light. I have an OBD II module and app so that I can keep an eye on my MPG. The code stated that it was “Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected”. I called Ford helpline and was told as long as the engine light is not flashing that I could continue driving home and then schedule service.
I got a list of service centers from the Ford helpline but more than half of them said they can't handle RVs and shouldn't be on the list. Calling around, the few Ford dealers that could handle motorhomes all said that they were backed up with RVs and couldn’t get to me till mid October at the earliest.
I called the dealer that I purchased it from (MHSRV) and was told that the earliest they could take a look was mid November.
I called THOR and spoke to a “service tech” who suggested that I clear the error and see if it happens again. I asked if this would void the warranty with Ford and got a ????? well gee I don’t know???
I talked to a local RV service center who was nice enough to tell me that the most probable cause of this code on this engine is spark plug related but that they no longer accept Ford warranty work due to difficulties getting paid. Less important was the AC would occasionally start blowing very hot and we would have to turn it on and of a few times to kick back in.

Very disappointed in all parties involved.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.