Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Generator dies
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamperjan View Post
My 2017 chateau has a generator that shutters on Startup. It has run good for four months but now it does not seem to want to Startup. I thought it was the battery and have jumped it twice to get it to start. Once started it runs for about 15 minutes and then dies. Could this be a faulty battery or something else going on with the generator? Any help would be appreciated. The dealer says there may be a drain on the battery even though I have it in the store position.
I see you are in AZ, very hot this time of year, could it be overheating? I have a problem occasionally when it is very hot, it will shut down, particularly if I'm driving and it's hot. Poor air circulation to disapate the heat. If you are parked at a campground, try opening the bay door for the genny, take the door off and run it to see if that helps. Obviously you can't run down the road this way, but at least it's a starting point.

Also, not sure what your elevation is, you may need to change the fuel mixture, especially if you are up there in elevation. There is a fuel mixture adjustment screw.

When it auto shuts down, it should give you an error code, the lights on the start switch in the bay will flash a series of blinks to alert you to a fault. If it's giving a code, check the owner's manual for a fault.

Keep us posted!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum