Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #10
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Yes, I think I've finally solved mine....

but yikes....came off the tracks!?! Good luck with that one. So far it seems to me that there is no way to get that thing out short of dissembling either form the shower or the fridge side so I'm not sure how I would go about putting it back. Hope you figure it out.

Over the years, I tried by adding a couple of additional "spring" latches.
similar to this one,
I found that if adjusted correctly they can hold it back fairly well. I put one low and one high on the shelf side (the only side I could get in there on)
but it never totally fixed the issue

I had always considered adding a surface mount dead bolt similar to this but shorter

But this summer I had an issue where my whole pantry sorta came out (maybe like yours), thanks to the lovely roads in Louisiana...
I figured out a quick jury rig while on the road, but what I think turned out to be an idea solution. A friction board.
Hard to describe but since I don't have photos of it handy I'll do my best

I measured the gap between the shelf face and the cabinet rail...then went to the "hobby wood" section in lowes, picked up a piece of hardwood that was close to half the dimension. Probably 1/4 x 2 or maybe 1/4 x 1 or so....
Using a strong two sided tape, I wedged in a piece stuck to the face of the pantry shelf, and another to the rail.
Then I had my kid pick a crayon to "match" and I colored the wood. Here is where I wished that I would have stained the wood so it looks better, but the crayon made the color a bit better but also lubricated it.
So the two boards are tight in there with a good friction fit.
Then I used another block to attach a stop to the back, that hold the cabinet form coming out any further
It's a jury rig and doesn't look the best but considering I was doing it with limited tools in the parking lot of lowes in Albuquerque and in a hurry, it turned out well enough....
and I think given the very tight nature of this cabinet there's no good way of getting decent latches in there so the friction fit is the idea solution IMHO

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum