Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #2139
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
DashCommand OBDII App for F-53 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
JAs you know I did the same thing but instead downloaded the Dash Command app, Torque app is not available for Apple products. I haven't had time to go thru all the different gauges so not sure if trans temp is available. The ForScan app is available for Apple so I may download that as a secondary, and I'm like you I would like to monitor the trans when towing.
I got a BAFX Bluetooth OBDII for my Android and took a look at several apps, Torque, Forscan and DashCommand. I really liked the looks of the DashCommand dashboards, and with some work, you can modify/create your own customized layout with just the PIDs you are interested in. However out of the box, it doesn't have the Ford transmisstion fluid temperature. But I got the following reply from the DashCommand developers:

In addition to generic OBD-II data which is standardized world wide, Dashcommand offers manufacturer specific OBD-II data for select vehicles, try entering your vehicle as a 2014 Ford vehicle. If your vehicle has stored codes that can only be read from dealer level scan tools, Dashcommand can give you access to this data for an additional in app purchase of $9.95 (if supported by your vehicle) you can get OBD-II data that would normally not be available using a generic OBD-II scan tool. You can purchase enhanced data by selecting in app "account" and select your vehicle's manufacturer and the vehicle model year. If you do not want access to enhanced dealer level data there is no need to purchase.

Before purchasing enhanced data its always a good idea to connect with your vehicle, open the data grid page and search for the specific data you would like to view, if you notice that a specific PID is showing a green dot next to it with a small red lock, this is an indication that your vehicle supports the PID (data) and you will need manufacturer enhanced data to view this PID.

PID's starting with SAE. are generic OBD-II PID's, any PID starting with a manufacturer such as FORD. or GM. is manufacturer specific PID and will require a purchase of enhanced manufacturer data to access.

Have a great day,
Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
sales@palmerperformance.com
Home - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.