Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
erice1098

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 31D
State: Arizona
THOR #7741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Welcome aboard!
Do you know if the new Coleman takes more power than the original one did?
I've got an Outlaw 29H
The front A.C. unit is rated for 13,500 BTU s of cool...
The one in the rear is good for an additional 5,000 BTU s.
(We also have a 30 amp setup...)
The technician who did the "walk-through" with us; said that we'd have no trouble running both units at once.
Thanks for the reply!

The A/C tech stated he replaced the unit with the same one that was installed on it, so I am going to assume it draws the same power.

I am going to assume the surge protector I use on the pedestal shows the amps/voltage avail, and the power inverter/converter display in the rear storage area that showed the 18 amps is what my coach was using. I did not look at the inverter/converter display when the old unit was running so I can only make assumptions at this point. I am not a RV expert by any means

The specs for the Coleman Mach 15 are:

BTU Level: 15000 BTU
Voltage Rating: 115 Volt AC
Ampere Rating: 14.8 Amp
Evaporator Flow Rate: 320 Cubic Feet Per Minute

I didn't even think about putting a lower BTU A/C unit in the bedroom. Will have to check into that! Probably will be cheaper to buy/install as well. It might be just what we need to cool the back of the unit off while the front vents are dedicated to the main living area.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum