Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #2141
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Took a nice road trip to the Oklahoma side of Lake Texoma, left Friday morning, returned last night. We stayed at Glasses Resort and Marina, a Corp of Engineers campground near Durant, OK. Myra and I were going to meet up with her long time friend Judy and her husband Dennis who was the pastor at our wedding, super nice people!

The trip up became a little exciting when we came to a bridge that was out for repairs, GPS rerouted on a small country road with barely enough room for two normal vehicles to pass, had to pull over to extreme right side of the road several times where there was a big ditch, go tense a couple of times.

The "resort" consisted of VERY small sites with no cable or wifi. The campground does not allow mats? like you even had enough room to put one out! Sites were so tight I had to retract the awning for a trailer to park next to us!

Attachment 6765

Watched a guy with water powered jet boots do stunts, he was good and it was interesting to watch! I'd love to try this but I'm sure I would end up with the hose around my neck, or something worse!

Attachment 6766

First road trip after installing the doghouse insulation, after about five hours on the road I can report it is well worth the effort!!! No heat from the doghouse at all! On cruise control there is virtually no engine noise except when the cruise kicks down for a hill. Most of the engine noise now comes from the firewall and thru the floor, may add some floor insulation later. I don't have a decibel meter so I'm basing my observations on about 6,000 miles of previous experience. I am considering the insulation mod a complete success and can definitely recommend it!!!

Several pics of our site at Quiet Creek RV Resort in Fredricksburg, TX

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SA004.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	6817   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA005.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	6818  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SA006.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	6819   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA007.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	6820  

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.