Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Angry at THOR
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #10
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Bratmanstudio, thanks for the insights. I was just telling my son today how I don't think the people who assembled our Challenger have much pride in their craftsmanship. I said this as we were reinstalling our residential refrigerator in its cubby, following replacement of both fans in the fridge. Of course, I realize the that's not Thor's fault, but the way it's installed is.

Three long screws holding the fridge to the top left bracket, one short one on the right top (identical 3-holed) bracket. Two in the bottom center, at severe angles. Too hard to go get more long screws, ah, this little one will do. Too hard to go get a short screwdriver, ah, angling it in will be fine. Sawdust behind the fridge - too hard to clean that up, the buyers won't see it. Cables (power, TV, I don't know what all) not in the wooden channel on the back wall, not coiled properly, just thrown in and scrunched up behind the fridge. Oh well, owner won't see it.
Oh darn, we put the pre-drilled holes for the wood fascia top piece in the wrong side of the wood... no worries, this staple gun will hold it there, no one will notice.

So after we cleaned their mess, sorted and zip tied the cables, found proper sized screws and put them all in, it's now the way it should have been when we picked it up.

Maybe this all seems trivial. Combined with other things, like failing to attach the drain pipe to the shower drain so my first shower ended up flooding the basement, and I'm a little concerned about what other little details were missed and when/how they'll make themselves known.

Other than that, I love my RV.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum