Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
erice1098

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 31D
State: Arizona
THOR #7741
Thank you for the replies!

I did not know the 5000 BTU unit was a window unit... that would not be an option for me. Assumed that would have been a roof mounted unit... there I go assuming again!

I looked into switching the coach over to 50 AMP service already, but the cost on that is not a option... way to expensive and not practical for us as we plan on trading in our coach for a newer, slightly larger, model in about 3 years. The new coach will definitely be a 50 AMP one.

The A/C tech that replaced our A/C unit stated he could install another Coleman Mach 15 in the bedroom and run the dedicated 110v/20amp line to the side of the coach, that plugs into the pedestal by itself, for about $1200 (maybe less if he needs the money aka business is slow).

We really don't go anywhere that we cant plug in at, so not being able to run both off the generator is fine with me. I only run the generator to power the main living area A/C unit when we are traveling to our destination... that plus the driver cabin A/C keeps the coach cool enough for us during travel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum