Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
cpmath

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
Just back from a 5400 miles trip and a few comments

Well folks, just back from our cross country trip from NY across the top of the U.S., down into New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and back up into Missouri and then back to NY. Now we did this in a Thor 22 Freedom Elite, had a great time, easy to park, maueuver and had absolutely no problems with any of the systems in the coach end of it. Our single coach battery lasted throughout the day and night with a half hour generator charge in the morning and one in the evening. Of course we only ran the refrigerator and use battery operated lights for the evenings. Our toilet flushed, the tanks drained, had no leaks or noises and everything seemed to work as it should. We averaged between 9 and 10 miles per gallon of fuel. On our way out west we were lucky enough to take a tour of the Thor Class C factory in Elkhart, Indiana. It was an eye opener and well worth the time we spent there. They're factory is unbelievable and the workers are highly skilled in assembling these motorhomes. I know you're gonna laugh at that but we were very impressed and I am a perfectionist in real life. The workers are paid on a piece rate system not by the hour, so when a warranty issue arises after the unit is sold, the vin number is tracked back to who worked on it and they are docked what they were paid for the built. They take great care in assembling these units. The workers we talked to told us they were paid a fair wage and were happy, they were not rushing to complete they're section of the build, they have plenty of time to accomplish they're end before moving on to the next unit. So when you do have a warranty issue, and we all will at times, it's probably the part supplier who has the defective part and not necessarily Thor who installed it, not every part is checked out for reliability constantly. So, would I buy another Thor motorhome, I definitely would. I feel I got a very good quality motorhome for what I paid.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum