Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 04:24 AM   #19
Marc

State: Florida
THOR #7425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Have you considered a little epoxy? I don't know the specifics of your requirements, or whether the piece has to remain removable long-term, but I've had good luck with epoxy to re-attach plastics.

A couple of weeks ago I re-attached a plastic trim piece on door exterior of my parent's 20-year-old Honda. It dried out, became brittle, and fell off. With a little epoxy for plastics and metals, I "glued" the trim piece back on and it appears very secure. I tried pulling it off and it's there to stay (a down side if I needed to remove it, which I won't). Next stop should be wreck yard.

A few years ago I also used epoxy to re-attach their plastic microwave door handle that came off, and I couldn't buy replacement. It required strength to open MW door so I was concerned it wouldn't hold, but it was fine for a couple of years until microwave had to be replaced for other reasons.

Since piece should be very light, I'd probably try adhesive first like you're thinking, but if that doesn't hold you may want to try an epoxy for plastics (assuming piece can remain in place permanently).

Glue
I'd try Gorilla glue...use it to glue just about anything...a little goes a long way[emoji6]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum