Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Searched forums but couldn't find anything specifically addressing this.
Need to know how to release the over the door TV from it's mount. I can't find where the coax from roof antenna is connected. Also, I see the coax outlet, with the built-in TV signal booster, mounted in the kitchen cabinet nearest the door. There's a female coax connector on the front of it but no coax connected to it. Should there be a coax plugged in to this or is the coax that connects roof TV antenna to TV maybe connected behind this outlet? All I get when I try to tune in a TV channel is a "NO SIGNAL" message, so obviously something is not connected. I did have the "Source" on TV set on TV, which should be the setting for receiving signal from the roof antenna.
In my experience, the antenna rides the same coax as the coax plug in your cabinet by the front door. The coax female receptacle in the cabinet is there so you can plug in devices like a digital to analog box that some campgrounds provide which connects to the TV from the HDMI cable in the cabinet (the cable get's it's signal from the outside coax connection to the campground). Whenever you want to use cable at the campground this way you'll need to turn off the antenna signal booster and set the TV to HDMI 2 (I think). To test the antenna, you should turn on the antenna signal booster, set the TV to input "TV" and then take the TV through the channel setup from the TV menu. You have to do this every time you move locations. Good luck !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.