Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #8
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
glad for this post, and to know that I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

our Palazzo has given me many hard 'tingles' over the last several months, though I can't remember if it's only when I'm plugged in, or ANYTIME. I noticed it at first with my coax cable 'ends' when attaching them to my outside portable antenna - I 'assumed' that it was something from the receiver, since it powers the antenna - the metal ends of the coax cable that turns in order to attach is what 'shocked' me...

then,
wiping out the storage bays, and leaning on the metal door frame, I got another!

and,
when I handled my outside shower head, which is the metal 'flexible' type, I got another shock!

I got another when I leaned on my metal door catch, where the door handle attaches to the door frame when it's closed... not good.

something is amiss !

I also had the thought of a loose wire somewhere, but my brain said that if there was a loose wire, would it not also affect everything IN the coach, as well? Uh,,,, no. There is very little metal, if any, that you touch in the coach, though the microwave and fridge come to mind, but they are just 'plugged in' and not part of the coach 'frame' or 'chassis', which must be where the shock is coming from... maybe the electric step??

I'll need to get under the coach and check out the step. It seems that our steps, which have wiring, are subject to contact with objects from the road, and actually the ground itself sometimes... I can only imagine that wiring there is a possibility to be 'pulled' out, or away from the connection maybe...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum