Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepz View Post
wow thanks for the quick responses,i will try more testing tomorrow. one other thing,this is my first ford product and also first motorhome so i have no experience. the trans feels like it needs 1 more gear. at 75 mph I was doing 3000 rpm,is that normal?i admit I didn't count the shifts so I don't know if it was actually in 6th. I tried tow/haul and from my experience with dodge trucks when you hit t/h the torque converter unlocks and rpm goes up just a little. that didn't happen at all with this unit. just wonderin. thanks,doug
3000 rpm would be about normal at 75mph... 75mph is not necessarily normal in a 30+ foot mh...
Just remember he/she isn't going to stop like your car.... then again neither would your toy hauler.

Tow/Haul will change the shift points.... and on older mhs will cause a downshift when you tap brakes... Newer (last couple of years) I believe will downshift on brake tap without tow/haul being on...

The Ford V10 likes to rev... wait till you go uphill and it downshifts... twice... The transmission will keep the engine safe - it will be loud.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.