Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fleeing Irma?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #30
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Mr. Sunshine, GMC, and others that were considering leaving. I hope if you evacuated you are safely out of the area, if you stayed I hope a shelter is available.

We are discovering that this is such a massive evacuation that you have to be almost as concerned with getting fuel and supplies as you do staying out of the storm's path. Bottled water, gas cans, and other supplies are in short supply even up on I-10 going west out of Florida. All campground are overflowing and a couple Walmarts we have been to up here are full of RV's. There is still heavy WB traffic on I-10 and regular EB traffic consisting of power trucks.

We are trying to stay in Cottondale Florida because we have a site and so far the Love's station close by has fuel. Winds are suppose to be around 50mph here Monday but obviously that could go up depending on exact track of storm.

Anyway, good luck to my fellow residents. It looks like most of our state could be without power for weeks and suffer much loss.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum