Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #16
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Since we stopped using the bathroom sink whenever possible, the black tank is NOT filling quickly. Night four and still only one dot. But we are using the kitchen sink to wash our hands etc. and now it shows two dots. We have NEVER filled the gray water tank to full capacity. Has anyone been able to change the bathroom drain to go into the gray water tank? Details are appreciated.
As I said in another thread - depends on the rig... In mine - the drain pipe would have to go down under the hallway floor then UP to the gray tank... With the current laws of gravity, that isn't going to happen without adding a pump...
If you have straight shot - its just pvc pipe - saw, fittings, and cement.

Our gray has always filled long before the black... so I have even less desire to make a change. Though with hookups I usually leave the gray open until a day or so before dumping the black.
Unless you have one of those 'not straight falls' into the black from the toilet - a flashlight while flushing will give you a picture of how much crap (literally) is there.
We can typically go a full week without dumping the black... It has never filled completely - but DW insists..
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum