Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #46
jacksharp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Washington
THOR #1289
Well put for sure! We are the lucky ones I guess. Have had very few problems, and have been in our new coach for going on 6 months. (extended vacation
The exception is that during our first week out we kept noticing some sort of "electrical" smell. Not always there, but sometimes pretty strong. No matter what we did, we could not find it. One evening the little woman had just finished her shower, and we were sitting at the kitchen table when we started to notice the smell again, only this time it was REAL strong. We looked back into the bedroom and actually saw smoke filling the room. The smell seemed to be coming from everywhere, but after some time we discovered it was coming out from under the closet, across from the bathroom. You guessed it... the panel covering the hot water heater at the bottom of the closet, was yanked off and we discovered electrical tape was smoking. The wire that goes into the plastic junction box was real hot. After a bit more inspection, we noticed that the wires were touching just enough to cause a small short! Could have been a real problem. That part of the coach must have been assembled on Friday before a big Holiday weekend. The reason I mention this, is because you might want to take a look in that area and make sure your unit does not have this problem. Good news... That is the only major problem we have had so far... Knock on wood I have to give credit to Mike's RV Repair in Lincoln City, Oregon for help on this one. The wires inside the junction box were so badly melted that I was unable to repair. Mike stopped everything, and came to our rescue. If you are ever in this area and need any help, this guy ROCKS!
Half-Timers (so far )
jacksharp is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum