Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:38 AM   #5
jim5554

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: New York
THOR #7582
The controller was my number 1 suspect also. The genny started right up and ran great while I had a load on it. The minute I put a full load or removed the load it died. How could it possibly be the carb? I did some research and found an Ask the Mechanic website for Onan generators. I'm not a newbie at this and I've been rebuilding carbs for almost 50 years. The symptoms and the solution ran counter to my experience. The mechanic insisted it was the carb and he was right.
The crack in the circuit board will only be a problem if it goes through copper traces. They usually don't put them that close to the edge of a large board.
Epoxy the crack to keep it from spreading and try Seafoam. It's cheap and you might get lucky. You can try replacing the board, they're cheaper than a carb, but I think your wasting your time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.