Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
erice1098

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 31D
State: Arizona
THOR #7741
Rough Ride - 2009 Thor Four Winds Hurricane 31D

Greetings!

I am having some issues with the ride on my 2009 Thor Four Winds Hurricane 31D. From what I have read online, the coach is basically considered a "starter model" and doesn't offer the most comfortable ride, but I think it is more than that...

Basically, when I am traveling along at interstate speeds, 65-75 mph, there is a pronounced "shake/bounce" in the steering column and whole front console. Its hard to explain, but you can actually even hear the steady "whump whump" that goes along with the physical shake/bounce.

I first thought it might be the road as it does not do it all the time... but I am thinking that is not the case. If I drive at 55 mph, I do not have any problems at all, but as I increase speed and hit 60, the shake/bounce starts and gets stronger and more pronounced the faster I go.

Not sure if it is related or a separate issue, but I can also feel every bump or defect in the road. On some of the rougher roads, it feels like the whole coach is going to fall apart... I have even had screws in the dash vibrate out!

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on or is this just how it is?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum