Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #23
Ace30.2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
This is what is amazing to me. How can a manufacturer produce a piece of crap part like that and expect it to operate correctly for any length of time. Their engineering dept needs to be fired.

What I can say is what we came up with seems to fix the problem. Put a brass bushing in the bearing block to keep the hexagon shaft from being able to jump around which then causes the spur gear to skip teeth on the rail. Mine has been in and out probably 20 cycles and there is no sign of wear marks on the rail. Works perfectly like it should. I still cringe when operating the slide but it hasn't failed yet. It took 4 cycles when I had a shop fix it to break( same problem). Also took them 3 1/2 months. Took me 8 hours to fix both sides. Took 2 days to get parts from Lippert. Don't believe the shops when they say they are waiting on parts. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1652.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	6865Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1653.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	6866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1654.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	6867

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.