Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:55 AM   #28
penguin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
What I can say is what we came up with seems to fix the problem. Put a brass bushing in the bearing block to keep the hexagon shaft from being able to jump around which then causes the spur gear to skip teeth on the rail. Mine has been in and out probably 20 cycles and there is no sign of wear marks on the rail. Works perfectly like it should. I still cringe when operating the slide but it hasn't failed yet. It took 4 cycles when I had a shop fix it to break( same problem). Also took them 3 1/2 months. Took me 8 hours to fix both sides. Took 2 days to get parts from Lippert. Don't believe the shops when they say they are waiting on parts. Attachment 6865Attachment 6866Attachment 6867
I've seen that in a previous post. Maybe you can teach those knucklehead engineers how to design something that works.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum