Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
OK, I am talking about Good Sam as being the group charging a King’s Ransom for this product.
For a 7 year plan with a $500.00 deductable, they want $11,670.00. (12 Grand)
IF I wanted the same plan with a $100.00 deductable it would go up to 24 grand.
If I wanted to go to the same plan with a $1,000.00 deductable is $7 Grand.
All of these plans are for a 1 payment plan. If I want to spread it out, of course it will cost even more at the end.
I think this is seriously out of bounds even for those that have deep pockets and little care for where their money goes. Especially when you read the folder they print for you that states we cover this EXCEPT this is not covered and that list grows. We cover this EXCEPT, EXCEPT EXCEPT. This seems to be the normal for most items they list. If a bird strike takes place (or anything else) in the radiator and I had to replace that, it’s NOT covered. I’m sure it has a high cost.
Wholesale Warranties does have some items that are not covered and I understand the items being normal wear items. Belts, hoses etc… They do cover more that Good Sam for a considerable amount less cost.
And I can get Tire coverage with WW for 7 years for $449.00 no deductable, unlimited.
So, again, I am not “complaining” about Good Sam or pulling them down etc… I’m sure they are good to work with but how do you go about working them down in cost? They print you a booklet with the cost and that’s it.
So far, I have one person to say they do have coverage with Wholesale Warranties. Is there anyone else out there that can provide input about Wholesale Warranties?
Would the 1 person with Wholesale Warranties say what and why you decided on this coverage? Any info you can offer? Have you actually used the coverage yet?
Sorry for the dissertation. I’m just trying to gather information from people that have already traveled down this road. Experience is the best teacher.
Thanks to everyone again.
Roy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.