Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #36
Huck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
I paid about what Greg estimated. I don't think I saved any money by using the D ring mounts, because I did buy the bumper even though it was a few years ago. Also the tow bar comes with attachments for a baseplate, so I had to buy the ones that attach to D ring mounts which were $230. Plus I'm going to have to pay someone to weld something on my bumper to hook the safety chains on.
I got the Blue Ox 10,000 pound tow bar, and it came with all the safety chains and other attaching hardware. Since I have a four inch lift I had to get a ten inch drop insert turned upside down which was $160, but it did come with a locking pin. The drop insert put the hitch about an inch above y D ring mounts, but as you can see in the picture I haven't upgraded my tires yet. The tires will only be 35's but that will raise the Jeep another inch and a half.
Like Greg said it does tow great, but I definitely know it's there LOL. I'm sure it will be much better once I get the breaks all wired in. I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm sure it's well over 5,000 pounds. My heavy jeep is one of the reasons I chose Thor, because they're the only ones that have an 8,000 hitch all the other manufactures only use a 5,000 hitch.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum