Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #10
OutlawDriver

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 35SG
State: Texas
THOR #1655
My ramp also has a heavy "Sandpaper" finish and is usually OK to drive up unless it's wet. What happens is the front tire hits the break between the door and garage just after the back wheel has cleared the first bump coming off the ground and onto the ramp. As stated elsewhere you need the right speed hitting the ramp to get up while measuring your hard stop precisely at the wheel chock. If the wet rear wheel spins just a little I loose my momentum, so wet or damp I recommend extra care when loading. Also, as others have noted, raising the ramp door and driving up an extra supplemental ramp will help as well as raising the front end of the RV a few inches by lowering your front stabilizers. Hope this helps if you're getting up the nerve to load that big cruiser for the first time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum