Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #38
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Like Greg said it does tow great, but I definitely know it's there LOL. I'm sure it will be much better once I get the breaks all wired in. I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm sure it's well over 5,000 pounds. My heavy jeep is one of the reasons I chose Thor, because they're the only ones that have an 8,000 hitch all the other manufactures only use a 5,000 hitch.
Be interested in what you think after the Invisibrake is active... No doubt you would 'know it was there' without the braking system... Stopping an extra 5000 pounds will get your attention. With the invisibrake, I've never felt it stopping... Do see some difference on acceleration and more frequent downshifting on hills.
But stopping is the most important part.

(Mine is lighter - only 3300 curb weight. and don't load it up too much for normal trips.)

Do check your weights - while Thor does use an 8000 pound hitch on newer models - many rigs will exceed their GCWR long before that...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.