Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #20
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Has anyone had issues with refrigerator not working on propane only, the igniter does not work when the switch on the refrigerator is in Auto or Propane. When I turn on the generator the refrigerator will run on Propane. There appears to be a problem with the refrigerator not getting 12 volts when the generator is not running. This has been a problem since I purchased the unit, I am the 2nd owner and never noticed the issue till I went camping with a friend and he asked why I was running my generator when I pulled into the camp ground. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Be sure your use/store switch is in the 'USE' position, or you will not have 12v when not on shore power or Genny... (Converter provides 12v to coach when plugged in or on Genny regardless of switch position...)

Since you say it does run on propane when running Genny, indicates fuses, control board, ignitors are all ok...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum