Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Probably no more wear and tear than driving it. Btw, it does accumulate miles on the Odometer when flat towing. I hear it does not when using the dolly. Down side of the dolly is you've got to find a place to store it when camped. Good luck!
NO, electronic odometers do NOT register miles when towing. I've towed my '14 Fiesta over 90,000 miles with no issues(tires would be the only thing to keep your eyes on) and drove it another 60,000. Still running fine. My new-to-me '14 Focus has been towed over 2,500 miles and driven 3,000 miles with no issues.

Both of these models of Ford cars are about the easiest vehicles to tow. Put in Neutral and tow.

(I do use a 12v battery cut off under the hood to minimize 12v draw while towing, and to be able to remove the key from the ignition when in Neutral)
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum