Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
safari

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody471 View Post
Greetings to all the other members of the Thor forum! This is our first THOR product, but we are very experienced in RV living due to our 5 years fulltiming in a large, class A coach. We ended up selling that coach 4 years ago, and buying a house to assist aging parents, but really wanted to travel in a motorhome again.

We just purchased a 2017 Thor Compass 23TB and completed a 1,200 mile trip and had a great time! Here are our reflections about the coach:

PROS:
The Ford Transit 350 Diesel chassis is amazing! This is by far the easiest driving RV I have ever tried -- including class A pushers, fifth wheels, and travel trailers. Great power, economy (we averaged about 16 mpg at 63 to 65 mph).

Small coach is super easy to park - I did not tow a car and did not miss it. Very easy to simply unhook park utilities and take off for sightseeing.

Floorplan, while tight for two folks, works fine with just a bit of patience. Plus, everything worked pretty well once we figured out the operation. For example, the tankless water heater needs a strong flow of water to activate. Solution -- simply turn on the water pump if the campground water pressure is a bit low. Worked great!

CONS:
We experienced some minor problems that will be easy to fix (screws pulled loose on a cabinet door, air leaks around entry door - fixed with weatherstriping, etc). No big deal here -- we were very pleased overall!

OVERALL:
We are really pleased with the Compass and look forward to using it frequently. I especially liked how easy it is to use - just toss in the clothes, turn on the fridge and go.

Hello Cody 471,
I have a Gemini 23TR with some same problems,how did you fix screws pulling out & air leak on door ? mine is very hard to close need to slam it closed.
thanks
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.