Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Warning Chimes
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #10
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Wow, this is something I never thought of with our 2016 24.1 Axis. No chimes on ours either. If you find them, let us all know.
Very easy to add a headlight buzzer... After finding my lights on multiple times returning to the RV in rest stops - decided I wanted something.
So borrowed from my addition to a 1970 Dodge years ago...

All you need is one of these - or anything similar... less than $5:
https://www.amazon.com/9-15V-HYD-421...dp/B00HG7H2TM/
And two power sources:
  • 12v only when lights are on
  • 12v only when ignition is on
I found both in the drivers armrest...

The 12v light source is the backlighting for the switches (actually gives you a volume control - the volume from the buzzer varies with the dash brightness... lol)
The 12v ignition source is power to the heated mirror switch (input to switch so doesn't need heated mirrors on...

The wiring is extremely difficult (kidding)...
Attach one wire from the buzzer to the light source - the other to the ignition source - and test... If it doesn't work right - reverse the wires... no harm done. (If I remember right - the red wire goes to the light source... but again doesn't hurt anything if backwards...)

To test:
Turn on lights with ignition off - buzzer sounds
Turn on ignition - buzzer silences

Current can flow through the buzzer in only one direction.
When the lights are on - and ignition off - current flows through the buzzer and it sounds... Any other configuration provides either no power - power to both sides... or power to the 'wrong side' only - and the buzzer remains silent.

Not rocket science by any means. Cheapest mod I've done.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum