Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Generator Mod
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:26 AM   #16
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
What you want is called "Auto Generator Start" but it is usually included on coaches with an inverter and starts the generator when the coach batteries drop below a set voltage.

I'm sure there is one available that would start on 120Vac loss (or you could just use a 12V supply from the 120 to provide the 12V loss signal to a standard controller).

Seems to be a lot of information on this here:
https://www.rvtechmag.com/electrical/chapter10.php
Thank you for your info.
This sounds like what I am in need of.
I looked at the site you provided. I can not seem to find a cost for the different set up's. Hard to tell if it's $500.00 or $5,000.00.
The generator on the coach is an Onan RV QG 4000. Gas.
Guess more searching will take care of that.
I would like to be sure the system would start the generator if there is a loss of shore power then restore coach to normal shore power when it's returned. I have a system like this on the home and feel it would be nice for the motorhome as well. Espec for the pets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum