Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Best Hurricane Mod Yet!

I recently upgraded the two speakers over the cab and added a 10” JL Audio subwoofer in a narrow cabinet that sits next to the driver seat just below the mirror and leveler controls with a Kicker Amp mounted under the dinette seat. Audio supplied by a FiiO X3 Mark III High Res music player playing CD’s ripped to lossless FLAC file format (radio works great now too). Hands down the best money spent so far.
Now I can listen to whatever I feel like listening to, be it Bible study, gospel, rock and roll, country or blues and can turn it up until I no longer hear the rattles, squeaks, engine or road noise. Not sure my wife feels the same, but then she doesn’t have to listen to me complain.
Seriously, the Aaxera radio has a dedicated output for the subwoofer and actually sounds pretty good when paired with reasonable speakers and amplifier for the subwoofer. The amplifier is hardwired into the 12 volt house system that is off when the coach is in store mode.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum