Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I frequently get up to 70 or even 75 on occasion in our Axis 24.1 (not going to admit to doing 80 but I'm sure the speedo needle has been there once). No issue at all doing that other than the V-10 gets quite a bit thirsty.

I've found the best/most comfortable way to drive it: Set the cruise control about 1 or 2 mph below whatever speed traffic is running at. That way you won't have to turn off cruise control that often as people won't be getting in your way (all the other traffic will just go around you and since the speed delta isn't that great you won't be really annoying too many people LOL).

As for gas mileage: If you keep it to 65 mph you can get close to 10 mpg or so (depending on the model year: the newer ones have a better transmission with more gears so they can get 0.5 - 1 mpg more than the older units).

Parking: Yup park it, and put the parking brake on. No jacks so you'll want to carry something to use for leveling (unless you buy a used one with jacks or you have the dealer install them).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum