Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! You'll find good help here, we all were beginning RVers at one time!

The real question isn't whether you can drive an RV that fast, we see RV's speeding down the interstate all the time. The question should be, can you stop? I found the actual speed of our 2016 Vegas (E-350) is 1-2 mph below what the speedometer says. Another related concern is control in an emergency.

I usually run about 65 on the interstates,unless the limit is lower. At that speed, I can relax a bit and enjoy the ride. I leave plenty of room from the vehicle ahead and don't let getting boxed in once in awhile get to me. The late George Carlin said, "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Forget the wheel chocks, just set the parking brake. Some leveling blocks will be necessary in some campsites. Leveling jacks are great, we have them, but you would be wise to delay that expense for a while.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum