Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
ACE Onan generator shut off with error 36

ACE 30.3 and Onan 55 gas generator.

I've been running the generator the last two days during our driving course. When we pulled into a gas station to fill up, I shut it down.

After a short drive back to the parking lot where we were training, I fired the generator back up. I was going to let it run for 30 seconds or so to stabilize before turning on AC and after 15-20 seconds it shut down with error 36.

I googled, read it was often a fuel issue, possibly air in the line, so I went ahead and tried priming and restarting. It started up and ran for about two hours with no problem, but between leaving that parking lot with it and the AC running fine to when I got to the RV park 20 minutes away, it shut down again with error 36 (pretty sure it was 36 and not 35).

Any thoughts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum