Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
How hot was it outside on that driving course? Sounds like your generator is sucking too hot air.
91* give or take.

When I shut it off at the gas station, I was right at or under 1/4 tank, so I figured that first start/stop might have been from that. That was after we had done about a 30 minute stint on the interstate, after a few hours practicing turns and stuff in the parking lot.

Then, after I reprimed it and it started it up, it ran for about 90 minutes while my wife was doing very slow driving around the parking lot, and then about 20 minute wrap up at the end sitting there. I then headed back to the RV park and when I got there it was off (I didn't hear it shut off, but it was on when I left the high school parking lot).

So, my dilemma, do I head back to Arkansas in the morning as planned, or go back to MHSRV and have them check it. If it is something other than overheating, is it a "Thor/dealer" issue or one that I would bring to Onan dealer in Little Rock.

By the way, I did check the oil and it's fine, about 3/4 up the hashmarks between low and high.

I didn't mention in my original post, but this is a brand new coach that I just picked up on Wednesday.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.