Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
Huck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
Generator runs but doesn't provide electricity...

I have a 2017 Challenger 37 LX with the Onan 5500 generator. I have used this generator several times with no problems. The last time I used it was two days ago. I turned off all power to my coach, removed the wire that goes from my shore power plug to the box that switches from shore power to generator power, and then ran the generator which worked fine. I installed a wired in EMS into the cable that I removed. Then I turned off the generator and reinstalled the cable which worked fine. Today we got on the road, and when it started getting warm we turned on the generator but got no power. I checked the breakers on the generator and under the bed, and they were all good. I did see that the big positive cable that is at the bottom left when you open the generator side panel was very loose, so I tightened it up and looked for other loose wires. Today is a long day of driving, so I haven't gotten to deep into the search for other issues yet. Since I'm still on the road I was hoping someone on here might be able to point in some direction before I get started on a wild goose chase.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum