Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Snow chains
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 03:14 AM   #9
556mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirnot View Post
Don't you love folks that feel the need to give a Smart A$$ answer and are no help at all?

An opinion, Cable chains are less expensive, easy to install, but if you need them they are not that great, and wear fast. I prefer standard old fashion snow chains. If you need then they will work. Some states, including Oregon and Colorado have chain laws that state they have to be carried on certain roads and certain time of the year.

Not familiar with Standard Jack, and can't find anything online about them.

Thank you. The Anderson Jack (as I understand it) is a plastic wedge that goes under the inside dually and when driven over raises the outside dually for ease of installing chains.
I take your advice that a regular set of chains are better and not that much more $ than the Z6. Remaining part of question: is there adequate clearance for regular chains
Thanks again
556mike

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.