Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #28
scooterdudetim1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerChips View Post
I will be intrested also in what you find out. My RV was wrecked and the bodyshop removed the entire wiper system from the old front cap and installed it on the new front cap. I kept having problems with the drivers wiper going off the side of the RV and getting stuck. I took the whole thing off several times by removing the arms and the two large nuts. The the entire mechanism can be pushed back through the cap and removed from the RV. No matter how I had positioned the arms the driver side had too much travel. I finally determined that the driver side and the passenger side have different ranges of motion and that the entire unit was upside down. So I have flipped it over and put it back in place.
Now the drivers side has about a 90 degree range which should allow it to work without going below the bottom of the windshield and stop at a verticle position and not go beyond the edge of the windshield. The passenger wiper can have a 120 degree range which should be just fine too. On mine the z linkage you referenced is facing down. It had been facing up. It was necessary to unclip the cover on the air filter in order to get the unit back through the holes in the front cap. Once inserted all the way, the air filter cover can be secured again. I even compared mine to a new unit at an RV dealership to be sure the orientation is correct.

Very interesting ComputerChips. I will relay on to the mechanic working on it.
Thank you!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum