Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
I think the only other issue I've discovered is a couple seals around one slide being off. The round rubber weather stripping on one corner stops about a 1/2" short of where it should on the bottom I think. Bigger issue is that on each side of the slide, there is a small plastic track that goes back towards the interior a couple inches from the end of the slide and holds a piece of weather stripping. on one side of the bedroom slide that plastic is all twisted up and weather stripping pulled out of it, so a pretty big gap under that when open.

Driving, I found nearly a pleasure. I was driving on the interstate between 70-73 MPH and while there was a little vibration that might have been road, might be a tire slightly out of balance.

I found only minimal issue with trucks passing. It was strange in that some had no effect, some pulled/pushed a bit, and one gave me a massive hit, and then when it passed and moved into the right lane I had a serious enough wobble, I thought I was losing a tire (Tireminder wasn't beeping), so I just slowed a bit and let that truck get well clear and all better. That was the ONLY truck in 7 hours, 6+ on interstates that did that.

I think I'll invest in an alignment and double check the wheel balance, as well as get it weighed after loading it up this week and double check correct pressures.

I'll then consider some of the other fixes CHF, steering stabilizer and possibly Sumos and tracbar, but after CHF and steering stabilizer.

I need to watch some videos and instructions on CHF to see if I can do that myself. Do you have to jack to do it?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum