Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #9
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
Congrats on the new ACE! Glad you went in knowing what to look for and that MHSRV made it good. We did the Thor factory tour this summer and saw lots of opportunities for errors (and the guide didn't like me pointing them out.) But since most of the work is done by hand, human error is always a possibility. They should do better QA before they leave the factory floor.
Small things, but should have been caught by Thor QA and MHSRV are 7 or so locks on storage compartments wrong. Frame holding the drawers not being screwed in so when you pulled the draw out it was wobbly and obvious something wrong.

I will say the first time I used the black tank flush, which was yesterday morning, I had the wife inside with the window open and looking for water inside, as I've read multiple people having issues where they left the connector loose where it goes above the coach floor. I said, if you see any water scream, "Stop! Stop! Stop!."

Fortunately, just a bunch of water came out the dump.

Based on what I've read and the conversations I had with the two local dealers, I think MHSRV does more than many in terms of their own PDI, and then encourages people to spend a night or two on site using everything and then in the morning, once you open the front curtains, they will come by to check on what you found. So, that is great, but as you said, the QA at Thor should be better, and at dealers too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.