Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The water switch is 12 volt. The 120 volt relay is in an electrical box attached to the back-bottom of the Attwood water heater tank. It is located just under the access to change the electric heater element. To check the wiring, the generator should be off and the shore power disconnected. If the water heater switch is in the OFF position, there will be no electric current to the wires in the relay box. Thor plant 750 is notorious for not tightening the 120 volt wires to the relay sufficiently to allow proper operation. On my coach there is a panel under the bedroom drawers that is removed to allow access to the water heater bypass. This panel also allows access to change the electric heater element and to the relay.
On my ACE 30.3 that's where it is located as well. There is a panel under the drawer with a speaker mounted in it. Remove two screws and it comes out.

The tech was in there trying to check out why my front outlet wasn't on the inverter (he was tracing wires and junctions). He showed me the back of the hot water tank when he was in there.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum