Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I've posted details and photos here in other threads
but to summarize what I did...and seems to have been successful in my case

1) I cut a hole in the door to line up with the generator's fresh air intake. Covered it nicely with a louver i bought at west marine

2) I fabricated a baffle using aluminum angle and some rubber sheet so that the generator has to pull air through the vent and can't get it form behind the door

3) I insulated the fuel hose form the generator all the way back to the tank, using regular plumbers pipe insulation. I used the nicer EPDM rubber type, not the cheaper foam, and I coated it with spray on autobody undercoating hoping it'll last a bit longer. While I was at it, I re-routed the fuel hose out of the hot slipstream of air under the coach, and tucked it much more nicely up against the frame

other ideas I've seen tossed about, and I was considering them in my back pocket if my changes didn't work...in no particular order
add a second auxiliary low pressure fuel pump back closer to the tank to "push" fuel to the genny's pump
add a return fuel hose form the carburator back to the tank so that the fuel pump(s) flow more volume than the generator needs all the time

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum