Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Brake fluid
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #14
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
So seems the first thing is identifying the fluid... before you start replacing parts.
Brake fluid is typically clear in what I have used - but there are many different varieties now... I haven't cracked open the DOT 5 LV fluid my rig calls for yet - but have a bottle on board.

A leaking master cylinder can typically be noticed by pressing hard on the brake pedal while stopped... The pedal will stop at some point - then slowly start to descend again as it loses pressure. In bad cases the pedal will go to the floor.
Eventually you will see the loss of fluid in the reservoir as well.

Power steering fluid you may see the leak around the pump - and again fluid level will show eventually...

Antifreeze is many different colors depending on type used... This would run into the passenger compartment through the heater core. Usually has a 'sweet' smell associated with it - I wouldn't normally describe as oily though. Be sure to keep any pets away from this.

Once we can narrow down the fluid and its source - can determine what to replace.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.