Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
FreddieMac

Brand: Still Looking
State: Louisiana
THOR #1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Anyone know if there is a manual method to lift the bunk bed should the lift motor fail?

A guy passing through with a relatively new Chateau filled me in how to retract the slideout. He had a slideout motor fail among other diverse warranty issues.

Thanks,

Bruce
I talked to the Thor rep at the RV show this weekend about the overhead bunk. He said it uses the exact same slide system as the slides on the RV itself. I bet the procedure for manual operation is very similar. He also said that you do not need to put it all the way down if the ladder is not an issue. So you can drive with the bunk partially down like the ACE.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum