Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Gas grill
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
I'm new to the exterior propane outlet. While I understand the convenience of using our backyard grills and smokers with their regulators, I'm concerned about having a rubber hose, that if cut would be an open outlet from the LP tank. Perhaps a very rapid discharge of a highly flammable gas. I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise.
A couple of items....
Look at the lines leaving your tank/regulator... They are likely rubber already... (Yes, they are downstream from regulator)

On the upstream side of regulator (assuming that is more your concern), rubber high pressure hoses are used... Not the same hose used on the other side of the regulator. These hoses are typically only attached when stationary (at least what I do connecting to the extend-a-stay only when parked)

All tanks (DOT portable and ASME built in) has safety features including check valves to prevent the rapid release of gas in a leak situation.

A good description I found:
Propane 101-The basics
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.