Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gas grill
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #11
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
A couple of items....
Look at the lines leaving your tank/regulator... They are likely rubber already... (Yes, they are downstream from regulator)

On the upstream side of regulator (assuming that is more your concern), rubber high pressure hoses are used... Not the same hose used on the other side of the regulator. These hoses are typically only attached when stationary (at least what I do connecting to the extend-a-stay only when parked)

All tanks (DOT portable and ASME built in) has safety features including check valves to prevent the rapid release of gas in a leak situation.

A good description I found:
Propane 101-The basics
Thanks gmc, that link was really helpful. Following thru, I understand now that the "extend-a-stay" components allow utilizing portable cylinders to provide propane so you don't have to drive the coach to refuel when staying at a campsite.

Do you carry additional cylinders to increase your range before refueling also? How do you carry those cylinders?
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum