Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Talked to a mobile tech in Charleston after he fixed my slide issue. He told me he keeps his hardware box stocked with things he finds under the drawers and behind things in new coaches. He said all manufacturers, not just Thor, could become better acquainted with a Shop Vac. He also told me that 90 percent of the issues owners find should have been caught by the dealer during their new unit prep.

Another interesting tidbit is that the high end (>500k) owners get the name of a mobile tech to contact because they are more likely to call the manufacturer with a summary of repair after receiving good service. After some time a list is compiled of mobile techs in the area.

Also talked to an FMCA Chapter member at this last rally and he has been to Red Bay for repairs 3 times since November. The last time there were close to 100 coaches in for repair. In talking to the techs the owner was told they do not want plant QC improvement because it keeps the maintenance shop employed. Some of the folks had been on the Tiffin campground for a month or longer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.