Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 03:06 AM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Think they installed wrong Safe T Plus on my ACE 30.3

Ok, so I had my RV in getting setup for towing, CHF done (since they already had it on a rack), Safe T Plus installed and a few other things.

I had sent them a picture of the ford placcard and told them the model of coach, and they supposedly called someone (not sure if it was a distributor or Safe T Plus).

Anyway, my gut told me I should double check which one they ordered. Instead, I didn't, but had looked last night and as I read the chart, the ACE 30.3 should get a tan Safe T Plus.

After picking up my ACE, I took it to a truck alignment shop and I mentioned that it was on and looked and saw a red one. The red one 140 seems to be listed for F53 class C's.

I guess I'll call Safe T Plus tomorrow, but if it has to be changed, I'm not happy, as not only is it an hour and a half each way, but also they didn't have it setup perfect and the alignment guys are the ones that fine tuned it (it was pulling to the left after the RV shop installed).

Good news is that the CHF and alignment really feel nice. I was still getting a little push from passing Semi's, and I wonder if that is due to having the 140 vs 180 Safe T Plus installed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum