Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Had a SafeTplus installed on my rig 2 weeks ago. Before I left to drive an hour home, I asked Service Writer if shop test drove my rig which he asked shop mgr. and was told yes. As soon as I drove not even 1 mile away, my rig was pulling very hard to the left wanting to cross the center divider when I took my hands off steering wheel on flat drive road doing 45 mph. Took back and had shop mgr. drive it while I went with him. Took 4 times to test drive and adjust to get it to steer straight and stop straight when applying brakes. AND I WAS TOLD THEY TEST DROVE IT????? NO F-ING WAY DID THEY TEST DRIVE IT. The quality of work in this shop does not impress me one bit. Beware: C.W. Burlington WA. repair shop. If anyone uses them, check, double check and triple check to make sure things are done correctly. To give me my R.V. back like this was totally crap and not cheap work either. If I was physically capable to do this install I would have but partially handicapped.
The only thing I'll say in the defense of the guys installing mine, is that he knew I was going to an alignment shop, and we were running very late, because when they ordered the Safe T Plus, they didn't order a bracket, so instead of installing it yesterday, they didn't have UPS arrive until 1:00 and I was supposed to be picking it up at 12:30.

So, he said that it was off a bit, but that the alignment shop could fix it. The alignment shop said they pretty much always had to adjust the steering stabilizers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum